Obligation

Read a fascinating post today on "Why Switchfoot Won’t Sing Christian Songs"

My favourite part:

"My songs are a part of my life. But judging from scripture I can only conclude that our God is much more interested in how I treat the poor and the broken and the hungry than the personal pronouns I use when I sing. I am a believer. Many of these songs talk about this belief. An obligation to say this or do that does not sound like the glorious freedom that Christ died to afford me. I do have an obligation, however, a debt that cannot be settled by my lyrical decisions. My life will be judged by my obedience, not my ability to confine my lyrics to this box or that." - Jon Foreman, Switchfoot

Full post here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dinosaurs to Da Vinci (January Unit Studies)

Bowling Over Budgets

2020 Garden